Felt and Blossom Redefine Capital Region's Mixology Scene
Lounges Put Cocktails Center Stage at MGM National Harbor
NATIONAL HARBOR, MD (November 15, 2016) - Maryland is about to experience mixology like it never has before when MGM National Harbor opens its doors Thursday, Dec. 8. From the masterminds at Clique Hospitality, Felt Bar & Lounge and Blossom Cocktail Lounge will introduce guests to alluring cocktails that are delicious, daring and inventive. The cocktail creators inside MGM National Harbor's hottest venues are a new breed of mixologists who understand that a drink is more than just a beverage - a drink is a look and an experience.
“We want the cocktails to be part of the story at these venues, rather than just a beverage that looks great,” said Clique Hospitality Lead Bartender Antony Sazerac. “Our intention is to always be thinking of new ways to present drinks so that our guests have a memorable experience that will make them want to return time and again.”
Felt Bar & Lounge
Felt will offer sweeping views of the Potomac River, Old Town Alexandria and the Capital Region, along with a cocktail program second to none. The ultimate indoor/outdoor lounge will offer artisanal cocktails with a sophisticated touch, along with a seasonal menu to ensure only the highest-quality ingredients make their way into each beverage selection.
Exclusive to Felt will be a beverage cart featuring high-end cocktails made tableside with offerings to include hard-to-find spirits and specialty drinks with fun presentation elements such as sparklers, smoke infusion or a culinary torch. Highlights of Felt’s menu will include:
Blossom Cocktail Lounge
- Amigos in Georgetown, a tequila-based beverage built with Casamigos Blanco tequila, aperol, fresh lemon juice, agave syrup, grapefruit juice and soda water with a smoked rosemary sprig and lime wheel garnish.
- Le Peche, a sweet cocktail built of Ciroc Peach vodka, aperol, fresh lemon juice, simple syrup, peach puree and Chandon sparkling wine and adorned with peach slices.
- Benny Blanco, a delightful mix of Avion Silver tequila, pineapple-chili shrub, Velvet Falernum syrup, fresh lemon juice, agave syrup and club soda. A skewered pineapple wedge enhances the look of this fine drink.
- Dr. Cel-Ray Pepper, a cocktail that will allow guests to select their own base, Belvedere vodka or Bombay Sapphire gin, and then marry it with celery-peppercorn shrub, cucumber, lemon, seltzer and celery bitters. The libation is finished with a beautiful cucumber ribbon garnish, micro celery greens and pink peppercorns.
Sitting in the center of the casino is Blossom, a 24-hour venue that will evoke a relaxing atmosphere, akin to the cherry blossoms that bloom along the Potomac River. The libations will be as fresh as the space with attention to detail at every turn.
The classic cocktail menu will feature house-made mixers and fresh juices, eye-catching garnishes and fine spirits with many of the drinks paying homage to the Capital Region. Cocktails that honor the heritage of the surrounding area will include:
- Nellie Blossom, a combination of Grey Goose vodka, cherry blossom tea, pomegranate juice, lemon juice, rose syrup and a hint of champagne with a beautiful orchid and lemon peel garnish.
- Colonel Rickey, a hand-crafted, gin-based drink featuring Navy Strength Plymouth gin, lime, Thai basil leaves, seltzer, cardamom honey and a splash of club soda, finished with a Thai basil lime wheel.
- Congress Heights, a refreshing mix of Atlantico Reserva rum, lime, mint, spiced cranberry gomme, seltzer and orange bitters, topped with a mint sprig lime wheel.
- Bye, Bye Miss American Pie, served with George Dickel rye whisky, calvados, chai tea, apple cider, lemon, cardamom honey and an impressive garnish made with skewered apple slices, a cinnamon stick and dash of grated nutmeg.
About Clique Hospitality
Clique Hospitality was founded by Andy Masi, the former Light Group founder and CEO, along with his partners Brian Massie and Shane Monaco. These three visionaries have helped change the dining and nightlife landscape of Las Vegas since 2001. Masi, as well as his partners within Clique, have dedicated their lives to making a simple night out more than just a memory, but also an experience. A boutique hospitality company, Clique specializes in upscale comfortable dining that sets trends, rather than follows them. Hearthstone, a Masi project that specializes in rustic American fare, reinvigorated Las Vegas' Red Rock Resort, bringing in a more contemporary clientele with its worldly flavors. With eight restaurants and lounges in the pipeline in Nevada and California, Clique is transcending hospitality through service and operations, unabashed cuisine, appealing design and unrivaled desire.
About MGM National Harbor
The newest addition to the MGM Resorts International (NYSE:MGM) portfolio, MGM National Harbor's unrivaled setting offers stunning panoramic views of the eastern shore of the Potomac River in Maryland. The $1.4 billion resort sits a short distance from Washington, D.C. to the north and historic sites, including George Washington's Mount Vernon estate across the river in Virginia. The 24-story, 308-room resort will feature premier amenities and experiences for locals as well as visitors from around the world including a dynamic casino with over 125,000 square feet of space that includes slots, table games and poker; a world-class spa and salon; an entertainment theater with flexible seating for up to 3,000; high-end branded retail; 50,000 square feet of meeting space; and restaurants from renowned local, national and international chefs. MGM National Harbor is scheduled to open December 8, 2016.
About MGM National Harbor
The newest addition to the MGM Resorts International (NYSE:MGM) portfolio, MGM National Harbor has an unrivaled setting offering stunning panoramic views of the eastern shore of the Potomac River in Maryland. The $1.4 billion LEED® Gold Certified resort, which opened December 8, 2016, sits a short distance from Washington, D.C. to the north and historic sites, including George Washington's Mount Vernon estate across the river in Virginia. The 24-story, 308-room resort features premier amenities and experiences for locals as well as visitors from around the world including a dynamic casino with over 125,000 square feet of space that includes slots, table games and poker; a world-class spa and salon; an entertainment theater with flexible seating for up to 3,000; high-end branded retail; 50,000 square feet of meeting space; and restaurants from renowned local, national and international chefs. For more information and reservations, visit mgmnationalharbor.com
Statements in this release that are not historical facts are forward-looking statements within the meaning of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. MGM National Harbor has based these statements on management’s current expectations and assumptions and not on historical facts. Examples of these statements include statements regarding the expected opening date of the casino resort and scope of the amenities to be offered. A number of important factors could cause actual results to differ materially from those indicated in such forward-looking statements, including effects of economic and market conditions, competition with other destination travel locations throughout the United States and the world, and the design, timing and costs of the projects and risks relating to permits, licenses, financings, approvals and other contingencies and additional risks and uncertainties described in the MGM Resorts International Form 10-K, Form 10-Q and Form 8-K reports (including all amendments to those reports) filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission. In providing forward-looking statements, MGM National Harbor is not undertaking any duty or obligation to update these statements publicly as a result of new information, future events or otherwise, except as required by law.
MGM Resorts International